Easy FancyBox plugin for WordPress websites gives you a flexible and aesthetic light box solution for just about all media links on your website. Easy FancyBox uses the packed FancyBox jQuery extension and is WP 3+ Multi-Site compatible. After activation you can find a new section FancyBox on your Settings > Media admin page where you can manage the plugins options.
After activation, all links to JPG, GIF and PNG images are automatically opened in the FancyBox Mac/Gnome-style lightbox that floats over the web page. Most options available can be managed with this plugin along with some extra features.
- All common image types including webp and image maps
- WordPress Galleries
- NextGEN galleries (see FAQs for instructions)
- Youtube galleries via Youtube Simple Gallery plugin (see FAQs for instructions)
- SWF (Flash) movies
- SVG media images (thanks to Simon Maillard)
- Links to Youtube, Vimeo and Dailmotion
- Hidden inline content
- PDF files
- Auto-popup on page load
- links inside Gravity Forms in ajax mode
For advanced options and priority support, there is a Pro extension available.
See Screenshots for an impression on how images and YouTube movies will be presented on your site as soon as you have installed and (network) activated this simple plugin.
See FAQ’s for instructions to manage YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo movies (and similar services) and tips to make inline content display in a FancyBox overlay. Subscribe to Status301 for tips on how to get a high degree of control over what will be shown in a FancyBox overlay on your website.
Visit FancyBox for more information, examples and the FancyBox Support Forum. Please consider a DONATION for continued development of the FancyBox project.
– For increased site performance, simply install and activate the plugin Use Google Libraries to load jQuery from Googles CDN.
Please go to https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/easy-fancybox/ and share your knowledge!
- Belarussian * Natasha, https://www.ustarcash.com (version 1.5.8)
- Croatian * Ivan Capan (version 1.5.6)
- Czech * Eldenroot (version 1.5.5)
- Dutch * R.A. van Hagen, http://status301.net (version 1.5.6)
- French * Emmanuel Maillard (version 1.5.5)
- Greek * Dimitrios Kaisaris, http://www.foodblogstarter.com (version 1.5.7)
- Gujarati * Apoto Team, http://www.apoto.com (version 1.5.0)
- Hindi * Outshine Solutions, http://outshinesolutions.com (version 220.127.116.11)
- Indonesian * Nasrulhaq Muiz, http://al-badar.net (version 1.5.5)
- Lithuanian * Vincent G, http://www.host1free.com (version 18.104.22.168)
- Persian * Ali Akbar Kaviani, http://www.wiki10.net (version 1.5.2)
- Polish * Kamil Szymański (version 22.214.171.124)
- Romanian * Web Geek Sciense, http://webhostinggeeks.com/ (version 126.96.36.199)
- Russian * Ivanka Skakun from Everycloud, http://www.everycloudtech.com/ (version 1.5.8)
- Serbo-Croatian * Andrijana Nikolic, http://webhostinggeeks.com/wordpresshosting.html (version 1.5.2) + translation of this page on http://science.webhostinggeeks.com/easy-fancybox
- Slovak * Jan Fajcak, http://fajo.name/ (version: 1.5.7)
- Spanish * David Pérez, http://www.closemarketing.es (version 188.8.131.52)
- Turkish * Hakan Er, http://hakanertr.wordpress.com/ (version: 1.5.2)
- Ukrainian * Cmd Software, http://www.cmd-soft.com (version: 184.108.40.206)
Example image with Overlay caption. This is the default way Easy FancyBox displays images. Other options are Inside and the old Outside.
Example of a YouTube movie in overlay.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s FancyBox?
- Which version of FancyBox does this plugin use?
- I installed the plugin. What now?
- I want to change something. Where is the settings page?
- Help! It does not work…
- Will a WordPress generated gallery be displayed in a FancyBox overlay?
- The lightbox does not look good on mobile devices. What can I do about that?
- Can I make a slideshow from my gallery?
- Can I exclude images or other links from auto-attribution?
- Can NextGEN Gallery work with Easy FancyBox ?
- Can I use ONE thumbnail to open a complete gallery ?
- Can I play YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo movies in a FancyBox overlay?
- I want that ‘Show in full-screen’ button on my YouTube movies
- Can I show a Youtube playlist in FancyBox?
- Can I link a NextGEN thumbnail to a Youtube movie in FancyBox?
- Can I create a gallery of Youtube thumbnails which open in FancyBox?
- Can I display web pages or HTML files in a FancyBox overlay?
- Can I show PDF files in a FancyBox overlay?
- Can I play SWF files in a FancyBox overlay?
- How do I show content with different sizes?
- The flash movie in the overlay shows BELOW some other flash content that is on the same page!
- How can I display INLINE content in a FancyBox overlay ?
- Can I display a contact form in FancyBox?
- Can I make an image or hidden content to pop up in FancyBox on page load?
- Can I make a menu item open in a FancyBox overlay ?
- Is Easy FancyBox multi-site compatible?
Latest version: Download Easy FancyBox 220.127.116.11 [zip]
Downloaded 1203866 times.
Rated 4.6 out of 5 stars with a total of 135 votes on WordPress.org »