Options to manage the WordPress core XML Sitemaps, optimize and fix some bugs.
The light-weight XML Sitemaps Manager allows you to de/activate WordPress core XML sitemaps, change the maximum number of URLs per sitemap and add Last Modified dates.
- Last Modified dates for post types, term and user archives plus the first sitemap of each type in the index.
- Conditional is_sitemap(), ticket.
- Conditional is_sitemap_stylesheet() for good measure.
- Multisite compatible. On uninstallation, all sub-site options will be cleared from the database as long as is_large_network() does not return true.
- Additional fixes and improvents to the core XML Sitemap:
- 404 Response code on certain sitemaps, ticket.
- Don’t set is_home() true, ticket.
- Don’t execute main query, ticket.
- Ignore stickyness, ticket.
Reduces the number of database queries for:
– the post type sitemap by 4;
– the sitemap index by 5;
– the taxonomy sitemap by the number of terms in that taxonomy;
– the user sitemap requests by the number of users.
Privacy / GDPR
Data that is published
An XML Sitemap index, referencing other sitemaps containing your web site’s public post URLs of selected public post types, optionally with their last modification date, and any selected public archive URLs.
Data that is transmitted
There is no data actively transmitted to search engines or other third parties.
If you’re happy with this plugin as it is, please consider writing a quick rating or helping other users out on the support forum.
If you wish to help build this plugin, you’re very welcome to translate it into your language or contribute code on Github.
Credits to all users actively discussing and contributing code to Sitemap component bugs.
Explicit credits to @Tkama.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the options?
All the plugin settings can be found on the Settings > Reading admin page, under Search engine visibility.
What bugfixes are included?
A selection of community proposed fixes to Sitemap component bugs are included. ALong the way, others will be added, and fixed bugs will be removed. If you are looking for a specific bugfix to be included, please ask on this plugin Support forum or via an Issue or Pull Request on Github.